A great many studies have been conducted on Ecstasy. They show that:
- Taking Ecstasy can cause liver failure, as in the case of a 14-year-old girl who died of this, despite an attempt by doctors to save her with a liver transplant.
- Ecstasy is sometimes mixed with substances such as rat poison.
- Young people have died from dehydration, exhaustion and heart attack as a result of taking too much Ecstasy.
- Ecstasy can cause kidney, liver and brain damage, including long-lasting lesions (injuries) on brain tissue.
- Even a small amount of Ecstasy can be toxic enough to poison the nervous system and cause irreparable damage.